Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blessings

Sometimes it feels like when it rains it seems to pour, but Chris always reminds me that even though I may think we have problems, we really don't.
It could always be worse, and I have to remember to count my blessings and know that everything will work out.
Many of you know that our computer died again and for good this time around.
Thus, the blog has not been updated in a while.
At first I pretty much freaked out because I thought once again all my pictures were gone forever. You would think I would have learned from the first time it died not to procrastinate and that I would have backed up my pictures.
This time I did back up our older pictures, thanks to Ben giving me an external hard drive, but alas I did not put all of the pictures since Elsa's birth on there.
I thought I had time.
I think I said a gazillion prayers that somehow we could get the pictures off the computer, and the girls said prayers for me too.
Thanks to our former home teachers Chris was able to go to their house, use their monitor to remove the pictures, and put them on the hard drive.
They let us do it the last time our computer died too.
And thanks to one of our current home teachers we have a loaner laptop at the moment, which is why I am able to update the blog.
I am feeling very blessed at the moment.
So, let me just quickly run down what has been going on around here other than the death of our laptop.
It has been in the triple digits around here, and we all can't wait until the weather starts cooling down.
We have been hibernating in our air conditioned house since Monday.
Last Friday Chris and I went on a date thanks to the generosity of Rachelle, Marissa and Jamie Hunt. The Hunts are always so sweet and generous to come and give of their time to watch our little ones. It was so nice to have a date with Chris. I felt like a newly married person, holding his hand for two and a half hours straight. It was awesome!

Chris had his birthday and is now two years away from the big 4-0.
Rhaevyn made him chocolate cupcakes that she put pieces of peppermint patties in.
She bought the candy herself.
Then she topped them with chocolate icing.
They were scrumptious.





Last week was nice and cool. The kids played with their friend/next door neighbor boy, Sam. They like to play in his shaded front yard and then check in every 15 minutes. At one point Myles came to check in and had purple lips. I thought perhaps he had asked for food at our neighbors house because when I asked why he had purple lips he replied that he had had strawberries and oatmeal.
Sam's older sister had made huckleberry cobbler and had given the kids some.



Saturday I took the kids to a birthday part at Lewisville Park up the road. Myles enjoyed the cupcake he was given. He also enjoyed rolling in the dirt. I had to just let my germaphobic tendencies go and enjoy watching him literally run, slide and then proceed to roll in the dirt. When we got home I could see that his whole entire scalp was nothing but dirt.
Oh how I love my little man!


I took these just cause I think they are cute.
Poor Myles has been banned from kissing Elsa the past couple of days.
He started running a temperature of 102 Monday night, and it finally broke yesterday. Although, I am wondering if it started up again last night because at about three this morning he came in my room totally drenched in sweat. I know it was pretty cool in the house, and he only slept with a sheet over him, so I don't think he was sweating because of the house temperature. Plus, yesterday morning I noticed two little blisters on his lower lip. They are totally gone today.
He is not the same happy camper when he doesn't get to kiss and hug his baby Elsa.





Finally, here are some recent pictures of our little one. I could just eat her up!




Lastly, the girls got their school books already and are thrilled. They had so much fun unpacking the boxes and seeing what they have this year. They have already started working in some of their books. Rhaevyn's incentive for starting early is to finish early next year.

No comments: