I thought I'd use this post to give you some snippets of conversations that go on around here.
Things that make me laugh and think, I'd never get to enjoy life more if I had a different job other than being a full time mom.
A few weeks ago I was telling him that he might want to show more self control when it comes to second (plus) helpings. Besides, that would actually leave us with some leftovers for lunches, etc. A couple of days after that the kids and I were cleaning the house and happened to be in my room getting ready to vacuum. Rhaevyn noticed a book I had sitting on my hope chest titled "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." She picked it up, looked at it, and asked if I was reading it. I said that when I had bought it, several years ago, I had read some of it but hadn't read it in quite some time. She proceeded to look at me very seriously and say "well, maybe you should read it. It might help dad." Perplexed I asked how that would help. She replied "since he needs to have more self control when he eats this book would probably help." Holding back a good chuckle I replied that that was an excellent idea, and then turned to expose a huge smile and a little giggle. It was so cute that she took the title literally.
Yesterday, as I left to go to my doctor appointment Rhaevyn came running to my car window to tell me that, Luna, her caterpillar had escaped, but not to worry because she was off to hunt it down. When I returned home she came zipping out of the house to inform me that I was a suspect in a crime.
This was the crime scene.....
I was notified that, yes, I had run over Luna while backing out of the driveway to leave for my appointment. I pointed out to Rhaevyn that I was not the only guilty party in this situation. Luna shouldn't have been roaming around the driveway, and I couldn't possibly see a tiny caterpillar like that from my van. She wouldn't accept the latter excuse. Apparently, if I am going to be a safe driver in my minivan, I should be able to see small caterpillars in the way of my tire(s).
Sunday, Aeva, Myles and I were sitting on my bed reading books. It was raining, but I thought there was a downpour. I looked out the window to discover that the drainpipe seemed to be clogged. I notified Chris about this and reminded him that I had mentioned several weeks ago that he probably needed to do that before the heavy rains set in. So, he donned his rain coat and hat and set out in the rain to unclog the drains. Aeva decided she needed to document the sludge that he pulled out of the drainpipes. Then she came in and wrote this little informational piece for Chris
It is title "Husband's Information"
A child's dad or a husband should have five pieces of French toast, and should always be wise with his money. A wife's husband should listen to their wife to be aware of what might happen, so the husband will do it and he won't have to do it on a rainy day.
Again, I had to chuckle. I am not sure about the French toast, but I think she thought Chris limited himself too much that morning when he only ate two pieces of French toast.
And then there is Myles…….
Upon waking up in my bed the other morning he rolled over, gave me the most gigantic smile, caressed my cheek and said “what nice eyes mom, what a nice nose mom, what nice lips mom, what nice hair mom.” Then he proceeded to kiss me on the cheek.
Gotta love it!
I couldn’t ask for a better life :)
1 comment:
I loved this post! Truly one of the best things I have read in a long while. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment