Friday, November 21, 2008

Where's the Beef?

Rhaevyn helped me make hamburgers for dinner on Monday night. Everyone was getting their plates and hamburger buns ready. Myles had his all ready to go......

I had to uncover it layer by layer to see exactly what he had on the plate.
First comes pickles,

Then comes onions (which he highly dislikes),

And last but not least is the lettuce. Who needs the beef??

He wanted all this and the bun, but refused to eat the meat.

Just one of the many joys of homeschooling......

is watching the kids spend time playing, bonding and teaching each other.

I had the math manipulative cubes out as well for Myles to play with. I had to laugh because the girls constructed these people and Myles constructed himself a gun. I am sorry that I didn't get a picture of it.

Some interesting things from my talkative little boy.....
"Hold on". Gee I wonder how often he hears that from me?
When asked to share food "of course."
Right now with all the Christmas music on the radio he asks several times a day "Christmas time?", and then he proceeds to ask "present time?" He asked me that last Saturday as I watched him hover over the presents in the closet. I keep telling him that, no, it is not present time yet. The girls and I caught him several weeks ago in my room sitting with several presents in a circle around him with a frenzy of wrapping paper strewn across the room.
And when I ask him where my handsome guy is he turns to me with the most gigantic smile and sparkle in his eyes.
I finally made him is own cape with the letter M sewn on it for Super Myles. Although, he still prefers the girls' Tinkerbell outfit.



Myles gives Aeva a ride around the kitchen.

Yesterday, my wonderful husband brought me home my favorite color roses.
It was such a sweet surprise, not because he isn't thoughtful like that, but my actions/mood the day prior didn't make me very deserving of them.

All I can say is, I am one very loved and blessed wife :)

Rhaevyn is nearing the end of her Lemony Snicket series. Today something very exciting arrived in the mail for her. It was a telegram from Lemony Snicket, mailed from Canada. It was all in code.

School work is done for the day, and we are about to make sugar cookies and listen to Christmas music.

Fun, fun!

No comments: