A lot has been going on around here that has kept us busy.
Chris has been busy being MacGyver around here.
He fixed my vacuum, which I had been limping along since June.
We thought he might have sent the poor thing to its grave entirely when he was vacuuming for me, but fortunately with his handy skills he was able to order a part for it. Unfortunately while the part that had broken was fixed, it still would not work. Fortunately for me, because I'm married to A MacGyver man, he was able to replace one of the vacuums fuses with an automobile fuse and voila, it works! Good thing, as I could barely see my kitchen floor.....it was covered in crumbs.
After fixing the vacuum, my washing machine decided it didn't want to drain. Chris tore the top apart and got it to work for a week. Then, using a zip tie, he got it working for another three weeks.
After getting one more month's use of it, the washing machine finally decided it was over and gave up the ghost. Chris tore it apart, but he said there was nothing he could do for it. I have to say, to its credit, it lasted 12 years (thanks dad!).
So, goodbye old pal.......
Hello new friend.
Next came the toilet that needed the workings of the tank overhauled.
Now, if only my MacGyver guy could fix my printer that just keeled over.
On to other news.....
Myles has been enjoying all the tents and mazes the girls have been making for him.
Rhaevyn has been spoiling us with her good cooking and homemade oj. I almost don't have to cook anymore :)She has also been busy with lots of science experiments. In science right now she is studying solutes and solvents. I think her favorite was the reaction that vinegar and baking soda produced. I know it was her favorite because she used up my all my vinegar and baking soda repeating the experiment several times.
Aeva has been busy plunking away at the piano. Right now she is teaching herself Joy to the World. She is trying to talk us into being her singers for this song. Before this song, it was We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet, which she has been playing by ear. She just came home from church one day and sat down to plunk it out.
Profile
hand and head
The girls are ecstatic that they are getting another sister.
They are under the impression that they will have a sibling who won't beat up on them.
I keep reminding them that Myles really does love them, but he is a boy and therefore
plays a lot differently. Who knows, he might teach his little sister a few tricks of his trade.
We are just happy that the baby is healthy.....as we haven't heard otherwise.
A side note: I've reached the halfway point already!
Myles has discovered the wonders of the Christmas Wish Catalog.
Wow, this brings back memories. I remember how I would sit for hours circling all the wonderful things I would like to have. Although, I didn't just circle toys. I circled towels, sheets, furniture and curtains I wanted for my house 20 years down the road.
Until next time......
No comments:
Post a Comment