Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Loving and Learning

We are loving life and loving learning around these parts.
I am so amazed at how much I continue to learn as I teach the girls. I got good grades in school, but sometimes I wonder, "what did I learn?" They are sure learning about things that I didn't when I was their age and even in high school.

Today we learned about a small island off the Venezuelan coast called Curacao. I never new it existed. Of course my sister, Cullen, had probably heard of it because she recommended the book The Cay to Rhaevyn.

This last week we made inside out cookies, which really are chocolate cookies with vanilla chips. I am surprised they lasted as long as they did, which was about four days. Perhaps there is a benefit to actually putting cookies in the cookie jar instead of leaving them out on a plate.


Our little Myles has turned into a talking machine. As the family saying/question goes "what did you feed him, phonograph needles?" Opa and Ben will be familiar with that saying :)
Today he actually told me what sound the letter B makes. Myles has also figured out how to hit the baseball without needing me to throw it to him.

Rhaevyn and Aeva have decided to start a secret club where they will be working on inventions. In Rhaevyn's own words "going crazy with inventing!" Their big aim is to come up with a boy robot who can work on Christopher's car for him. They are also competing to see who can make it to the 13Th book of the Lemony Snicket series first. So far, Rhaevyn is winning.
To top off this entry, here is Myles' favorite past time at the moment...being spun around by Rhaevyn.

No comments: