I feel so blessed to have been able to stay with Ben and Stacey for two and a half days to meet little Simon and help out where I could. I was in heaven with all the baby snuggles, the fresh from heaven scent, and all those cute noises that babies make.
I also entertained one of the cats, Reuben.
The kids gave Molly a ride in the stroller as it was going bye-bye. No more need for one anymore😩
Snuggling up for nap time:
Elsa and Meg playing dress up and dancing around the kitchen. Molly kept thinking that Meg's skirt was a nice place for her sit. We had a hard time convincing her to get off the skirt.
Spending time together reading in the car during Myles's cello lesson. I have been back to driving the suburban for the last two weeks, as Christopher's car died after 13 years. It could be fixed, but the cost would be more than it is worth. He was driving the Volvo to and from work. He did just purchase a used car from someone in the ward. It's not pretty, but the gas mileage is great for going to and from Gresham, Oregon everyday. Oh, I have missed driving my suburban. I keep telling Chris how much I love driving it.............except for the way it guzzles gas. I'll be back to the Volvo this coming week, which I know makes more economical sense. It's not great on gas either, but it's better than the suburban.
Myles and Elsa being silly with socks:
Elsa got her hair cut this week.
Before & After:
I know it's pretty hard to tell that she got a hair cut, but she got
about 2 1/2 inches off. She wanted to still be able to put it up for
dancing.

We got a special treat from Meg's friend KK & Family. His mom was recently over in Scotland for two weeks. She brought back kilts for Meg and Elsa. I was given four beautiful remnants of Harris Tweed.
FYI: Harris Tweed is a tweed cloth that is handwoven by islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.
The weaver that she purchased the remnants from was retiring. In fact, it was his last day weaving on a 150 year old loom.
I just need to decide what I'm going to do with it.
The kids have spent a lot of time drawing this past week:
Meg's drawing:
Myles's drawing:
Elsa's drawing:
The youth in our ward are putting on a Christmas presentation (AKA sharing talents) with a local assisted living facility. Myles and Elsa have decided to play a duet together. They spent an hour or more, the other day, trying to decide on a song. This is what they have settled on. They have asked a gentleman in the ward to also accompany them on the piano for the musical piece. I'm sure it will all come together............they still have a few weeks left to practice......
Not bad for the first day of practicing the song together:
Trying to concentrate and shushing Meg 😄
Just Molly and Me, and Meg makes three...
we're as happy as can be in our blue heaven :)


























No comments:
Post a Comment