Our two weeks in review.....
After washing her hair one evening, Elsa decided to make herself a beard. I told her if it was longer she could braid it into a goatee (ha ha) We had a good laugh over this look on her.
I took Elsa down to Portland for a Saturday dance lesson last week. Her teacher was going to be attending the USIR National Scottish Dance Championship in Las Vegas the week leading up to the Portland Highland Games. This would mean there wouldn't be a dance lesson right before the Portland competition. Elsa felt that she needed one more dance class to get ready for the Portland competition. I drove myself since Chris had to work. Normally, he is my copilot driving in Portland. I made it, but not after missing one of the streets I was supposed to turn on because it was closed due to road work. I tried to remain calm and not freak out. I really dislike driving in Portland. I was able to work my way back and find the correct street. We were only eight minutes late. Meg and I occupied ourselves for an hour and a half taking a walk, drawing a story, and taking funny pictures of her dolls. Getting back to the freeway to go home was a piece of cake!
This is a doll that Aeva made for Meg. She named it Lily, but I think we are now on name number six... it keeps changing 😃. Rhaevyn made the ladybug doll and the Cat Noir doll.

I made Meg a sensory number board. I'm hoping this will help her with her numbers.
Myles turned 13!! I cannot believe he's a teenager!! My little guy isn't so little anymore!
He is certainly taller than me now. He's growing like a weed!
He asked for Southern Banana Pudding for his birthday dessert. I think he's asked for it the last two birthdays. Elsa cut the bananas for it. She and Meg helped arrange the vanilla wafers. Then Meg finished up by sprinkling crushed vanilla wafers on the top.
He bought himself a hat and embroidered it.
I was deweeding another section of the front. Myles wanted a flower that was growing in that section, so I pulled on my boots, grabbed a shovel, and dug it up for him. Then he went and planted it where he wanted it. He thought I was pretty funny not to change out of my dress.
I finished another quilt top. I, unfortunately, miscalculated two squares. It was a little late to re-cut, so I just tried to fix it as best I could.


Haley came over in the evening to do some fun crafts with Elsa and Meg. I made a bracelet for myself and Meg.
.
We decorated composition books with paper and headbands.
We decorated letters and put magnets on them.
Elsa made a bracelet
The next morning Myles made a bracelet for Elsa. I thought that was sweet.

Oma and Opa got Myles a butterfly kit for his birthday. He has absolutely loved watching the caterpillars grow, make cocoons, and now hatch into butterflies. At least one had some problems with one of its legs, its proboscis, and wing. Myles and the older girls did some reading and are trying to help it. We shall see what becomes of that one.
She's ready to dance her heart out and spring up like a rocket on her jumps!
Chris ended up dropping us off at the gate and then parking out in Timbuktu. We borrowed a pop up canopy from a family at church (which was a life saver since it was sooo hot!). I had found a wagon on sale recently and purchased that which was worth every penny. We piled the chairs, cooler, canopy, and blanket in that.I love the costumes of the Drum Majors. Here they are getting the inspection:
Nessy?
Her costume is on and now it's time to put on her ghillies:
Pinning on her number... #944
We're ready for the competition to start. Canopy up, chairs out, blanket, and lunch:
Meg sported the Lindsay tartan:
Highland cows:
We got a Scotch Egg and shared it. Meg loved it!
At this competition all age groups of the Beginner dancers were combined. There was quite a big group. At the last competition, in Tacoma, the Beginners were split up by age group.
Here are some of my favorite pictures. I wish they were of better quality. Sorry for the blurriness.
Here she is in her national costume for the Lilt:

The Fling:
The Seann Truibhas:
I love seeing the height she got on this jump. This is one step that she practices a lot at home.
This is the video of the Fling:
The video of the Lilt was too big to upload, but if you click on the link below you can watch it:
She did so well. It was pretty hot, and we tried to keep her well hydrated. After two of the dances she said she felt pretty sick. She was a trooper, though, and powered through. After her last dance, the Lilt, she came bouncing over with a huge smile and yelled out "I'm done!!!" She was ready to change into some cooler clothes and get out of the wool costumes. Unfortunately, she still had to wait for the rest of the dancers to dance their last dance, the scores to be calculated, and awards to be handed out before she could change. The Beginners were last for awards.
She placed 2nd in Fling and 1st in the Sword, Seann Truibhas, and Lilt. She was the overall winner for the Beginner group. She was very excited and surprised!
Time to head home. The walk to the car was very, very long and very, very hot. We were tired and Meg had a blister. She got a free ride to the car.
That's all folks!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment