Monday, May 6, 2019

Happy May


 It's been a bit of an adjustment with the girls home. It is amazing how much life and routines have changed since they've been gone. It is also an adjustment of parenting because while we still have house rules, etc., they are now adults and have had some independence, and my role is not to parent them like I do the other three. The girls have unpacked as much as they can. There are still boxes by the door, and I feel that the house is a bit chaotic just because I feel in chaos when things don't have a place and there is clutter. I was reminded, on a girls' night out, that this is for a short time, and I need to enjoy the time I have with Rhaevyn and Aeva this summer while they are home. I need to stop worrying about the boxes or chaos. Rhayvn, Aeva, Elsa, and I went to Craft Warehouse Saturday night and then to Winco. While we were driving we were all singing and laughing together to the music we were listening to. It was absolutely wonderful, and I just wanted to freeze that moment in time.

Also this week:

I'm working on two quilts and finished one.
Finished:

 work in progress:

I just sketched this one out and am getting the squares ready:


 Aeva brought back a little gift for everyone. She brought Myles back a hammock, which he loves. We were all laughing about this as he kept flipping himself over in it.


I had to run to the pharmacy at Fred Meyer, and I got side tracked looking at fingernail polish. What did Myles do while I was preoccupied with polish colors????
He found some back scratchers.  He tried to shake hands with Rhaevyn. We were in stitches. He can be such a ham!

Rhaevyn was giving Meg a lesson in Hangul, Korean writing.

I made some chocolate mousse using Swerve powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, cream cheese, Lily's dark chocolate chips, and a dollop of whipped cream. It was divine!

Chris has completed all his training and classes and is now ready to start on "the line" at work.

I have started making a list of all the little miracles and tender mercies I'm seeing in our lives and my list keeps growing weekly. Elsa was blessed with a scholarship from Clan Lindsay that will pay for three months of her dance lessons, and she's had different family members that have stepped in to help with her registration for her next competition and three moths of dance lessons. We feel truly grateful and blessed!!

On another note, we had a Relief Society activity this week on putting color into family history. It was a fun activity. At the end we all turned on our Family Search app to see who we might be related to at the activity. I found 11th, 12th, and 13th cousins. I even found that I'm 10th cousins with our bishop. I was telling our bishop that I thought it would be fun to do this at church some Sunday. He opted for doing it at Curry Night, which is held once a quarter on Fast Sunday. That just happened to be yesterday. He gave a prize to the two people most closely related. I found out yesterday morning that Chris and I are 10th cousins, and I also found about 12 other people I'm related to at Curry Night. Some might not think much of it, being that far removed, but I get super excited. First, second, third, or 13th cousins...............it's all the same to me!

And on that note, we are off to the start of another new week. School work is winding down and being officially completed for the school year. We are looking forward to summer break. Wishing you all a happy first official full week of May 😊

No comments: