Monday, April 8, 2019

Happy April

 First item of the post, Elsa has a message......

Elsa feels a bit awkward asking others to support (in the form of money) something that she loves doing. She doesn't want anyone to feel obligated or "put on the spot." She knows that her family loves and supports her in so many different ways. If  you'd like to help out (after watching the video) that would be great. If you can't, there are absolutely no worries.

Elsa has been counting down the days until her birthday for about a month now. She was so excited to be entering double digits. For her birthday she wanted apple pie, but she wanted to have it made with our friend's, Jen Breaux, pie filling. She called Jen to ask if she had any pie filling that could be used for her birthday pie. Jen thought this was such a compliment. She didn't have any jars of her pie filling. However, she whipped up a batch, before leaving on a trip, just for Elsa. She gave Elsa two jars because she said that you can't just have one! One jar was for the pie, and one jar was just to eat right out of.

Friday, when Chris got  home from work, he and Elsa went out for her date. She got her free birthday burger at Red Robin, and then they went bowling. After that they went to different shops to window shop.

 



 Elsa's birthday was filled with playing several board and card games, watching the movie Mary Poppins Returns, finding presents, and eating yummy apple pie.

 I didn't wrap Elsa's presents. Instead we hid them around the house and sang various birthday songs to her. If she was getting close to where a present was hidden we sang louder. If she wasn't close to one we sang softly.

Chris got her this small backpack. She was thrilled with hit. She plans to use it on Sundays. You can see her trying to find it. Chris hid it at the bottom of the clothes basket.
 
 
Birthday hug from Meg.
 

 Meg picked out this outfit for Elsa and has a matching one.
 I put together two shirts and leggings so that Elsa has outfits specifically for her dance class. She has a Clan MacDonald shirt and a Clan Lindsay shirt.

 I had messed up on the first shirt I attempted with an iron on, so Myles used it to make a silly present for Elsa. She had commented that she wanted a shirt that said she had the best parents.
It was funny to see the expression on her face when she found Myles's present.


 Elsa's birthday pie......
My homemade crust was not quite as good as Rhaevyn's usually is.

In other news:
 Two weeks ago I got new plates and bowls. Well, they are new to me. I've been wanting new dishes for quite some time. Ours were well used and not looking too swell anymore. A lady in our ward was getting rid of her set and wanted to know if anyone wanted them before she took them to the DI trailer. I absolutely love them!!!
The set came with two huge serving bowls and platters.

 I have between 8-10 large and small plates, salad bowls, and small bowls for cereal. I love the simplicity of the pattern.

 While Myles was at his cello lesson the little girls and I went to the  local meat market, and they each got a honey stick.



 What's a post without some pictures of Molly???

 Isn't there a morsel for me????



 Chris and I tried pickles and peanut butter. It wasn't half bad.


 Meg being helpful and washing the strawberries.
I decided to take some time out and paint my fingernails. I hadn't used this color in quite some time. It was one that Rhaevyn had gotten me.

Christopher's last day of work was Friday. This was his parting picture....
It was a good 23 years that he had there. Now it's onwards and upwards to a new adventure!
Saturday evening Chris and Myles went to the Priesthood session of General Conference. Afterward they went out to a local Teriyaki place. I don't think it is quite what Myles was hoping for.  He always looks forward to the Indian Cuisine restaurant that a group would go to after the session. Unfortunately, the restaurant has since closed down, and the other Indian restaurant is in Portland. There wasn't a big group going somewhere together this year either.



Chris has a few days off this week before he starts his new job on Friday. We are all counting down the days until we see the older girls. It's going to be a new adventure for us without Chris. Please keep us in your prayers that we will have a safe journey🙏

And that's a wrap for us for now 😀

No comments: