
This week consisted of a lot of crafting as we made a lot of Valentine's Day cards. We got Rhaevyn and Aeva's package mailed off in time for them to get it Valentine's Day, but when they went to pick it up they were told it wasn't there. Sigh............the students must have been having a rough February 14th because they were not very nice about it at the mail pick up spot in the Cannon Center. It worked out for the best, I suppose, for the girls to retrieve their package Friday morning. This way they could video call us, and we could watch them open up their package and see their reaction to their goodies and hand made cards. They laughed the most with Christopher's cards.
Wednesday night was family craft night, so we made Valentine's cards for each other.
Chris hand crafted a hat for Meg:



Chris had me try it on once he was finished. Meg happened to peek around the corner from the living room and see it. She started to cry because she was so sure it was for her. She was very happy Thursday morning when she was given the hat and got to wear it.


I gave the kids their cards and treats Thursday morning, and I found a wonderful Valentine's surprise on the kitchen table from Myles. He had me take him to buy a tulip plant and flower pot, telling me that it was for Elsa. I was so surprised at this sweet gesture; it made me tear up.

Elsa made Chris and I sweet cards.

My handmade card from Chris.
Meg's best buddy, KK,
KK's mom made a cute little video of the Valentine exchange:
My video footage from different angles:
Her buddy got her some really cute gifts..........strawberry seeds, forget me not seeds, a sun catcher to paint, and a terrarium. Myles helped meg get her seeds started, and Chris helped her put the sand terrarium together.


Poor Meg, she dropped the terrarium right after this picture and the sand got all mixed up. She started to cry because she thought she'd ruined it.
Valentine's Dinner was heart shaped pancakes.
Miss Molly just chilling.............

She got groomed on Friday.

Myles has been busy with his little greenhouse and perfecting his dragon drawings:

Myles really enjoys playing chess with Chris. They have decided to up their game and get competitive. Myles and Chris are teaching Elsa how to play the game, and Meg even asked the other night if Chris would teach her how to play. He sat and went over the basics with her and then played a very short game :)
I sent these two videos to the girls. I think our weeks apart are made up of funny videos that we send to each other of our little inside family jokes.
I sent this one to them after Elsa's dance class. I told them I felt like I was in the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds". For an hour and a half this is what I saw and listened to.
Then I sent them this video of Molly. I was telling them I have many conversations like this one with Molly. She is not a good retriever, but it makes me laugh. Mainly I think it makes me laugh because we all know I am not an animal person, at all, but have found myself very much becoming one. And if I'm totally honest, yes, I do call her my fur baby and yes, I am her mommy. I love that she follows me throughout the house and lets me snuggle and cuddle her. I'm laughing at myself as I type this confession.

The girls are doing well, but say they miss us and are counting down the weeks until they are home for summer break. I love that they are so independent. I love seeing how they are venturing and branching out. However, I love most of all that they still call home for a few minute a couple times a week to tell us they love us and that they miss us. I love that they take time to talk to each of their siblings and how excited the littles here at home are to talk to their sisters. And I very much love to hear their voices and their laughter.





























No comments:
Post a Comment