Sunday, November 18, 2018

Happy Turkey Day, Almost!

It is hard to believe that November 2018 will not be with us much longer. How is it possible that Thanksgiving is practically upon us? We've been trying to be very diligent in remembering to be more thankful in our prayers and I love that!
Let's see, this week..........

Myles tried out new ideas and recipes in the kitchen. He experimented with garlic and scrambled eggs, and he came to the conclusion that his taste buds do not think those two belong with each other. He used Rhaevyn's recipe to make crepes, and he barely got enough for himself since the little girls loved them! He also has been begging for a haircut. I don't think I thought he would ever get to a point where he would be asking me for a haircut. This is the second time, and I like it!!

 
 

 I caught Chris having a little downtime playing Elsa's favorite game; Lego Friends Heartlake Rush. Elsa thought this was so awesome that he would play her game. He had his second interview this week and was given a job offer, but it wasn't to be. We want to be moving forward and not backward. So, he is going to continue taking classes at Clark College. Oh, he is also learning to play the banjo! He is getting a lot of moral support from all of the kids, especially Rhaevyn and Aeva.
Meg, Meg, Meg.......
At the dinner table one night this week, after Elsa had decided to make Rheavyn's recipe of fried noodles, I peeked during prayer to see this.............


When I quietly motioned for her to close her eyes and fold her arms I got this expression and the words "But Mom, I'm soooo hungry!!!"

She is moving right along on her letters and the banner is growing longer.

Today she wanted me to curl her hair instead of spraying it down and scrunching it for her own natural curls. It was so nice to have us all back to church now that the two little girls are over their colds.





I sent this one to Aeva and she said "I taught her well."
Meg had a bit of a dance party the other night dancing to a bunch of KPop songs. She  was cracking me up. We sent the video to Rhaevyn and told her we were thinking of her. She responded "Meg you have improved ! So proud; My jam! and my backup dancer crew!!!What more could I ask for?"
Unfortunately, the video is too big, and Blogger won't let me post it here. 

And when she isn't dancing around to pop music she is trying to imitate what Elsa is doing. She likes to try and dance at the same time with Elsa, but Elsa gets crowded out. Miss Elsa has been trying to show Meg how to do pas-de-basque and high cuts, but, so far, to no avail. Meg wants to try and do her own thing.
Elsa made cute little turkeys at Activity Days this past week. She gave all of them away except one, which she saved to bring home to me. I picked off all the candy corn, as that is not my favorite, and shared that with Elsa, Meg, and Myles.

We put our little pumpkins out in the garden and put some Christmas decorations in the glass vase.
Myles thought Molly should get into the Christmas Spirit, and we are officially listening to Christmas music as opposed to when we were unofficially listening to it in October.






Rhaevyn called me while I was shopping at Walmart, and I joked with the little kids that she picked out this new tablecloth. They were a bit puzzled until I said that I described the four patterns available, and this is the one she chose.

Yesterday was the Tartan Tea. Elsa was so nervous about dancing in front of a big crowd. She had so many "what-ifs" floating around in her head. I told her if she had questions it was best to ask and clarify than to be unsure and in doubt. Chris gave her  blessing before we left, and she asked her questions to one of the teachers in charge who helped to clarify what was required of her and told her that those were excellent questions. The only video I got was of the Highland Fling which was the last performance. All of the students came out to do it. It is a bit hard to see Elsa, but she is in the back behind the boy. I think this was good for her as she learned some good lessons. We had not realized that this was an event where tickets were required. So even though that was unexpected, I am so glad that Chris ended up going with me. He is much better driving in Portland than I am, and I had someone to talk to. It was as good as a date! The food was good. It was three courses. I gave my second course to Chris. It was shepherds pie, and I am not a fan of that.
First Course
Third Course. I had already eaten two items off my plate before I realized I had forgotten to take a picture.
Here is our dancing girl....


She said her ears were burning afterwards from having the bagpipe directly in back of her. 

Wishing you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving this week.

No comments: