Sunday, May 13, 2018

My Birthday and Mother's Day

 I had a wonderful Mother's Day today!!! I just love this troop of mine.
 










 

 I loved all the special notes I got from them today. My first note of the day was from Rhaevyn. I love manatees, and she drew me a manatee on the front of the very sweet note she wrote me.


This was the front of Aeva's note. She said she couldn't decide between this picture and one about cellophane being fantastic and useful with a stork carrying a baby in cellophane. She ended up going with this one. I had to giggle because I detest V8. Her note was very touching.
Elsa made me a note and a bookmark.

 Meg could not be outdone, so she made some pencil scribbles for me. Love it!!
Chris, this year, outdid himself on my gift. While on his lunch break at work he made me this rose for my flowerbed. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing!!!!









 He also made me breakfast in bed, and Meg shared it with me.

 We have had a little visitor in our yard lately. Myles took this picture and video, but last night Rhaevyn caught this little guy just lounging in the yard all stretched out.





 Molly got her hair cut on Thursday. We just love how clean she looks when she comes back all trimmed up!

 Wednesday the kids and I walked the path between Fort Vancouver and the Pearson Air Museum. It was so beautiful out. The kids picked some wild flowers and then we walked around the museum.

Tuesday while waiting for Rhaevyn to get done with class the kids ran around under the shade of the trees. Myles also hid two of his rocks as we strolled Officer's Row.





But before our stroll we worked on Mother's Day cards.





Monday was my 45th birthday. I had a really fantastic birthday!!  
Rhaevyn made me an egg, bacon, and her wonderful crazy potatoes for my birthday dinner.
Absolutely scrumptious!
I had three friends stop by with birthday wishes, sweet cards, a gift card, hugs, balloons, and treats.





I opted for no dessert. I didn't want anything hanging around because I have no willpower. So, Rhaevyn took me out for one slice of coconut cream pie. It was perfect!

Yesterday, just before my date with Chris, Meg started screaming that she had hurt her arm. Rhaevyn had been in the middle of doing her Meg's hair when Meg decided to get up. Rhaevyn went to sit Meg back down, and I think Meg lost her balance and fell backwards with her harm in back of her. At first we could not understand where she was hurting. I thought it was her wrist, but it was more at her elbow. After 20 minutes of blood curdling screaming, every time we tried to move her arm or get her to move her fingers, we decided perhaps we should take her in. I didn't take Myles in when he had hurt his toe thinking he was fine, and then the next day realized his foot was all swollen due to a fractured toe along the growth plate. I didn't want to take any chances this time. We had to use a booster seat instead of her regular car seat because she screamed from pain every time we tried to move her arm. Luckily, Urgent Care at our clinic was open, and only one person was head of us. We asked Meg to try and not scream when the doctor tried to move her arm. Half an hour after the initial snap at home, miraculously the doctor was able to move her arms and have her move her fingers, as well as have her do all kinds of movements with her arm. Chris said "It's a miracle." In that voice of "You have got to be kidding me!" The doctor asked if we were grandparents. Ummmmm what????? Chris laughed good humoredly and asked if we looked like we were. We assured him that indeed we were not grandparents currently.............just had a lot of kids and Chris grayed prematurely. At least we could laugh all the way home about the whole situation, and then we enjoyed a wonderful evening out 😊 We did tell Elsa that thanks to her power prayer Meg had made a full recovery.
And that was our week in a nutshell. It was pretty awesome 👍

No comments: