Thursday, January 18, 2018

Christmas 2017

I've been running behind on my blog and haven't seemed to find time to catch up. I'm squeezing in a bit of time here and there to write and upload pictures. I thought I had posted about Christmas, and then I found that I hadn't. So here goes:

We had a white Christmas this year! This was super exciting because we rarely get a white Christmas. It was very magical.
Myles used this opportunity to take some pictures of his Star Wars Legos in the snow.









On Christmas Eve we watched
Polar Express and paused at the hot chocolate part to make............you guessed it! Hot chocolate.




Then we all shared a favorite scripture that had to do with the Savior's birth. That was really special because there were some pretty wonderful scripture passages shared. 
Elsa and Meg made sure that Santa had cookies.

 

Poor Elsa got the stomach bug and was not feeling too swift Christmas day, and Meg followed suit a few days later. Thank goodness it passed the rest of us by. The neatest thing about Christmas day was seeing all the sweet homemade gifts that the kids made for each other and for Chris and I.  
Aeva made Molly two toys of different lengths and colors:





Rhaevyn made Barbie clothes for Meg's barbie.



 Myles made a goat for Rhaevyn.

Myles made a sock monkey for Meg, and she absolutely loves it!!!





Myles made a giraffe for Elsa, and Rhaevyn made Elsa a scarf.



Aeva made Myles a nature/field journal.



Aeva made Rhaevyn bookmarks.



Here's Meg with the pajamas I  made for her.


Aeva made Elsa a  little pencil bag and a drawing booklet. She also gave her some stickers to boot.

 


Oh the excitement!!
Aeva started putting together her Charles Wysocki puzzle that she got right away, and she finished it lickety split too, I might add.


I had really wanted to get a pair of earrings from my friend who does my hair. I didn't get a chance, but Rhaevyn was very sneaky and got me three pairs. She picked out the perfect colors to match my wardrobe too!!


Myles made me this heart flax bag to keep me warm at night.


Aeve wrote a poem for me, and one for Chris, for Christmas. It was a very special gift to receive. I framed Christopher's poem, and it is hanging in our room. I just need to frame mine.





The big joke around here is how Christopher's work is no longer going to have hot chocolate, just coffee. He has had some pretty good joke lines revolving around this subject. Rhaevyn got him a whole box of Swiss Miss hot cocoa and cups for Christmas.


We were both planning on not getting anything for each other this year, but apparently neither of us could stick to that rule. I got Chris movie tickets so that he could go see the Star Wars movie, and he got me the entire fourth season of When Calls the Heart. It was awesome to binge watch it!! Chris, Rhaevyn, and Myles had fun getting to go watch the Star Wars movie together.

Aeva showing off some stickers she got from her siblings for Christmas.

And just like that the Christmas season was over. The ornaments were packed away, the tree came down, the Christmas music ceased, and the living room was put back to normal. We made some really wonderful memories this Christmas season, and we look forward to the next one in twelve months :)

No comments: