Seminary is over for the year and completely for Rhaevyn, and we are attending Seminary Graduation for Rhaevyn tonight. It is becoming all to real and settling in that I have a high school graduate on my hands. I was going over all the requirements for Washington State when it comes to homeschooling a highschooler and making sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed. She's done amazingly, and I'm so proud of her 💖
I was remembering when I had to start filling out the high school sheet and asking, "How is it possible that Rhaevyn is starting high school?"
This is their 2016-2017 Seminary Class with their awesome teacher Sister Nancy Hokanson.
Aeva is sad that this was Nancy's last year to teach after 10
years. We wish she could teach just one more year so Aeva could have her for her last year of Seminary.
This week Elsa finished up her schoolwork and Myles will finish up the early part of this week. We just need to make our list of outings we want to do for the summer. I know that Elsa and Aeva are excited about the library summer reading program. They are counting down the days.
Yesterday Aeva took the ACT for the first time. We had to keep reminding her that this was just to see where she is at (get a baseline score), to not let anxiety get the better of her, and that she will have more opportunities to take the test over the next several months.
Elsa is counting down the Saturdays until the bunk bed is put back together and she will be bunking with the big girls!
Meg had a big moment this week. We are trying to understand and help her with her sensory processing issues. One of the issues has been her hair. This tends to be a major problem daily and is especially stressful when we are in the car and I have no one to help her before she reaches meltdown mode with crying, screaming, and hitting her head. On her own she asked to get her haircut. She asked every day and several times a day to get her haircut. Finally on Friday the long awaited moment arrived. Our friend, Ellynn, came to cut her hair and was so good to let me have my moment of tears 😭. Meg had a smile on her face the entire time. She loves her new haircut. So far so good on no meltdowns with her hair and we hope that continues. I was really hoping that she would not lose her curls when she got her hair cut.
I saved a ringlet. I'm happy to say that she still has her curls😀
Before

After

The kids dressed her up this week, and she made herself at home while I cut out a pattern/material for Rhaevyn. I do believe she is growing on me!

Aeva has been going gangbusters with oragami. She made these attached cranes.
She has also been working on making her drawings animated.
Kissing Cranes
Myles painting his sun catcher that he got from Sister Lee. He was treated to hanging out with her two Fridays in a row. This last time they watched Planet Earth together. This week he is hoping to learn how to crochet from Sister Lee's daughter, Emily.
Myles and I finally finished the book The Railway Children by E. Nesbit. It was such a cute book. We've now moved onto the Treasure Seekers by the same author. This will be my second time reading it. I'm also reading a compilation of James Herriot stories. I remember reading All Creatures Great and Small my senior year in high school because I didn't want to read the required book that was full of profanity. I didn't think I would like it, but it was really cute. Anyway, his writings crack me up. I've now introduced Meg to Peter, Paul, and Mary. I love how each little of mine has a favorite song from the Peter, Paul, and Mommy album. I love when we all sing along together to their songs. It brings back memories from when I was a child and listened and sang their songs.
I'm looking forward to sleeping in an hour longer this week since there is no seminary to get up for at 5:22 a.m. Yeehaw! Let summer begin!
















No comments:
Post a Comment