Sunday, January 22, 2017

Winter Ball, Coloring, and A Princess in the Snow


 Goodness, I love this young man💓! I love his heart. I love how he tries to hop out of the car first so he can open up the driver's door for me and help me out. I love getting hugs from him throughout each day. I love the questions that he has for me and the conversations we have together. I love how he is always coming up and measuring his height to mine. I feel very blessed that I get to be his mom. Yesterday he made this note for me..............

 He had drawn a picture on the back of the note and had surrounded the clipboard/note with color pencils and color crayons so that I could color the picture he drew for me. I took half an hour just to lay on the floor and talk to him while I colored. Here is the finished product:

 Here is my little snow princess........

 
 
 The girls went to the Winter Ball last night. I had not known this little fact about LDS history, but apparently the Winter Ball is like the Gold and Green Balls held in times past. Did you know the first one was held in 1922?? I think they should bring this tradition back. Rhaevyn and Aeva were both so nervous before their dates arrived. They had only met their dates once, when they were being asked to the ball. Rhaevyn had made a list of questions to keep the conversation going. I had kindly been asked to not talk or ask questions. I have a habit of asking a lot of questions, and I suppose that I don't let the girls get enough talking in. As I drove them to the church, both couples were very talkative, and this set my own heart at ease. Rhaevyn's date was Wesley, and Aeva's date was Cooper. Both young men were gentlemen and very nice and friendly. It was very interesting how each couple was paired together, or chosen to be paired together. We are friends with the Stake YW president and the first counselor. Much of how they were paired together had to do with things they might have in common. Both Wesley and Rhaeyvn love to cook and bake. I wasn't really sure what inspired the leaders to put Aeva and Cooper together, but on the ride home Aeva and I were saying that it was probably for a reason that the leaders could not have been aware of......so it had to just be true inspiration. 
Apparently, Cooper and Aeva had talked to each other throughout the night about a friend, not saying the friend's name. They finally figured out that they had both been talking about the same person, Aeva's best-friend who is currently living in Germany. I guess Cooper and his family are going to be visiting this friend over the summer while on a European vacation. Knowing that they both had a friend in common made the evening even sweeter. 
Both girls really enjoyed the Winter Ball and getting to know their dates. Although they were tired and their feet were sore from all the dancing, they had smiles on their faces at the end of the night!! 
 
Getting ready, arrival of dates, boutonnieres and corsages: 

 
 

 
They had to come up with their own pose.....................Sound of Music pose......... 
 .
 We started playing Monopoly for Family Home Evening at the beginning of the week, and we are on our third day of playing it. We keep packing the game up, leaving a note of who is where on the board and everyone's money and property paper clipped together. Meg is our cheerleader. She cheers and claps every time the dice is rolled.
 And so ends another week at the Lindsay residence.

No comments: