Sunday, August 21, 2016

Nails, a Spontaneous Backyard Campout, and Lemon Meringue

 Elsa sat in bed with me Saturday night and read Green Eggs and Ham to me. It has been so much fun watching her discover how much fun reading can be. I love seeing how excited she gets when she figures out a new word and when she finishes reading a book.

I got my hair cut this week.There's nothing like a new cut; my spirits always feel lifted.
Here I am with Myles; we are both showing off our new cuts:

 Myles wanted me to go jump on the trampoline with him Thursday morning before we hit 100 degrees. In order to speed me up to get outside he kept taking pictures of me getting laundry folded and put in Meg's drawers.
Myles and I jumped for a bit and then one by one we added some kids to the trampoline.......
 
 
 

Last week, one evening, the littles and I enjoyed jumping on the trampoline together, and then when we got tired we laid down and watched airplanes fly over. Myles decided we'd had enough rest time and came up with a game where we did charades of tourist spots around the world. It had us laughing and giggling.
I kept calling for Meg the other morning with no answer. Now I know where to look when it's super quiet and I can't find the three littles.......under Rhaevyn's bed!
 Elsa was so sweet yesterday. She emptied the dishwasher, which normally is a job they all work together on, and then she put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and ran it. I came in to find that she had set the table too. It was super fancy with napkins put around the forks and knives.


Tuesday evening there was a Relief Society activity held in the backyard of one of the sisters. I talked Rhaevyn into going since she is a Laurel. She lasted all of 10 minutes before two of her friends came up behind her and surprised her. They whisked her away to go make pizza.  Here they are up to silly antics. I brought Rhaevyn and Aeva back with their sleeping bags. The four friends ate the pizza they had made and slept out in a tent. Aeva called the next morning to let me know not to come get them until noon and that they were having a blast! I just love the ward we are in!!!
Elsa and I had fun doing our fingernails and toenails.


Elsa went with blue and confetti on all her nails. I did confetti just on my pinkies and red polish on my toes. So fun to have pampered girl time together!

Myles and Rhaevyn made homemade pizza Friday evening. They did two, one of which was a deep dish pizza. They were super yummy and there were no leftovers. It was so nice to not have to worry about dinner that night.
I tried my hand again with a lemon meringue pie. With tips from my mom and her recipe, and tips from the two bank tellers at our bank, I was sure to get it right this time. It turned out beautiful and scrumptious.

 
 
 
 
 I enjoyed my time watching The Dust Bowl documentary with Aeva this past week. Myles and Rhaevyn took turns joining us to watch it as well. We all learned something new that we hadn't known about that part of history, and it got us looking into some of our family history.
Aeva took Myles and Elsa for a bike ride yesterday while Rhaevyn and I had spent some time together and got some drive time in.
It has cooled down considerably since yesterday. We are looking forward to some cooler days before the heat is back. On the way home from church today the wind was blowing some leaves across the road, and I had this sudden vision of fall. I am looking forward to those crisp days with the fluttering of orange and yellow leaves.
 

No comments: