Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Stormy Weather


This past week was quite eventful and fun-filled!!

Friday at lunch, Aeva serenaded us with this song. When she first started learning Japanese I introduced this song to her. This was one of my favorites growing up that I would hear on the 50's/60's radio station. Now she can sing it to me ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35DrtPlUbc&index=14& list=PLDgZF1G6vB8F7X33Wz07pmxPLkkLb8oou


Our art projects this week were footprint reindeer and paper chain snowmen.












 
 

 I attempted a Christmas card:
 

 We had some wild weather here this past week................
rain (over 5 inches in 24 hours) and flooding, and on Thursday a lightening and thunder storm followed by hail and a tornado that touched down one mile from our home.
We started out with school work on Thursday, but when the winds picked up with major lightning and thunder, attention turned to what was going on outside. Then with the tornado, pictures of the aftermath, and news reports I decided to call it a day. There was no way to get attention back to schoolwork.

 

On Saturday Chris and Myles went to help with 100 other volunteers to clean up the mess left from the tornado.

Before .....

After.....



 Myles was a trooper. They helped out for about an hour and a half. He was soaked, but wanted to keep going. Chris decided they should head home though, and I got a warm shower ready for him with a warm towel and clothes straight from the dryer.

Some pictures from the tornado wreckage.............

 Image result for tornado pictures from Battle Ground WashingtonImage result for tornado pictures from Battle Ground Washington

 Image result for tornado pictures from Battle Ground WashingtonImage result for tornado pictures from Battle Ground Washington
 Image result for tornado pictures from Battle Ground Washington
 We had some fun with dressing up and lots of dancing going on this week.
Myles loves when this song comes on Pandora. This is "our" song.
He loves to dance with me when it comes on.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9G0-4TWwew















This is the "Presents Elf", so says Myles. 













 













Meg turned two on Sunday. I wish I could save time in a bottle sometimes. We had a lot of fun celebrating Meg and the joy she brings to our family. We love our little curly top!
 

 


 

 

 
 

Yesterday was her 2 year check up. She is tall for her age, but she is also pretty tiny weight-wise. She is a mix of Rhaevyn (who was always so tall) and Aeva ( our lightweight). She had to have some blood work done again. She is normally so good and doesn't cry, but it's been a while since she had her last blood draw. She started to cry, but there was another little one in there screaming. That took her attention off of herself, and she kept craning her neck to see the other little girl because she was so concerned about her. When we started to leave Meg kept looking at the little girl and asking "okay?" It was so cute. The lab ladies gave her a pretty bandage.............pink with a blue bow.
 

The kids are counting down the days until Friday..............the last day of schoolwork before Christmas break begins. I think we are all excited for the break, for Christmas, and for some lazy days:)
Lazy.......
I want to be out in the snow
with no work to be done
Under the warm covers
Stretching and yawning and letting the world go drifting by
I want to peep through the deep, tangled wildwood
Counting sheep 'til I sleep like a child would
With a great big valise full of books to read
Where it's peaceful while I'm killing time
Being lazy................

No comments: