We had a very enjoyable couple of days off with Thanksgiving.
We set up the tree Thanksgiving evening and decorated it the following morning. We've been watching some Christmas movies together each night. What fun that is!
Rhaevyn had her violin recital. She played an Irish tune called Erin's Fancy.
She did a great job. As usual, I was so focused on getting everyone out the door on time that I forgot the camera. Rhaevyn was very happy about this.
She also played last Sunday with the choir. She did a fabulous job. So pleased that she is stretching out of her comfort zone.
Aeva is loving her Japanese class and often speaks Japanese to us. Friday we sat and watched a Japanese film with her. No subtitles. While she could pick up some things, the rest of us had no clue what was going on. But is was really a lot of fun just to sit and enjoy something because it was something Aeva liked.
We've heard some noise coming from Myles's room lately. He has been building tools out of Legos and making noises for them.............hammer, jack hammer, nail gun, etc. When asked what he was doing he said he was playing This Old House. I love that he loves to sit and watch the show with me. He built a lego house in the remodel stage and sent it along with an email to This Old House.
The other night I had the cutest conversation with Myles. While we were driving in the car he says to me, "Mom, when I'm grown up and married I'm going to give my wife some money so she can go out and have dinner at Red Robin." The girls and I were thinking that was so sweet. Then he says, " And then you can come over and watch a movie with me and my kids and spend time with us, or I can just have my wife take the kids out too and it can just be you and I watching a movie together." The girls and I were giggling so much we had tears! I love my little guy.
We've had a couple of good wind storms here. On one of our blustery days Myles made a faux kite with some yarn and a plastic bag. Pretty soon the neighbor kids each had one. It was such a cute sight.
Here is my sweet guy feeding himself and Meg lunch so that I could eat my lunch before it got cold.
Everyone has had haircuts, except Meg and me. Rhaevyn traded a babysitting job for a free haircut with our favorite gal in the ward who cuts hair. Elsa got at least six inches cut. I was hoping I could talk her out of it. I love doing her hair, but she insisted that it was her hair and she was tired of the knots and having it in her face. It is really cute short.
Before................one of my favorite braids to do for her.
After.......................Rhaevyn curled it a bit for these pictures.
These are my wrestlers. I just about busted a gut when they came out in these outfits. It reminded me of those Pro Mexican Wrestlers that wear the masks.
Lastly, here is sweet little Meg. She will be one in two weeks, and I can hardly believe it. I don't know where that time has gone. She sure is such a joy to have in our family. Not sure there has ever been a more loved baby. She'll be walking before I know it, as all her siblings are helping her to get on the ball with it.
And that is all.................
No comments:
Post a Comment