Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lost then Found

We have been wondering for months, May to be exact, where our little ballerina's ballet shoes danced off to.
After three months we just decided that some gremlin must have taken off with them and they were gone for good. On Friday Elsa asked if we could please get her a new pair. Yesterday, after cleaning the house, Elsa got into a traveling back that we use for toiletries when we go on vacation. I was telling her that this was not helping to keep the house clean, but making a mess. All of a sudden she let out this joyous squeal. There in her hands she held her two ballet shoes. What a happy little girl she was. Later in the day she said "Mom, now you don't have to get me another pair of ballet shoes!"

I can't believe that summer is coming to an end. The kids have had a lot of  fun catching things this summer.
Myles caught an Agreeable White Tiger Moth, and Aeva caught a Garden Tiger Moth. Myles's frogs all hopped away except for one, which died. Here he is with Elsa's net. He caught a dragon fly, but unfortunately you can't see it. It was kind of a small one. 


 


Last weekend Chris and the girls went up to visit Ben and Stacy, as Chris was helping Ben with his car.
The wee ones and I stayed home and had pizza, went out to LimeBerry Frozen Yogurt, made a stepping stone, went to the Farmer's Market, and watched Bionicles (which made Myles so very happy). 
 Here we are making our stepping stone.

 
 

The girls had fun hanging out with Stacey, going to the art store, and painting a fruit bowl. A fun time was had by both parties.

 I've been wanting to make these little fruit cheese desserts. I finally decided to do it.
They were so light and yummy.



 Monday we are starting school. I think I'm ready. I've spent the last couple of weeks getting everyone's binders put together, putting together our school schedule, and getting school books. Some are more excited than others for Monday to be here. I know that I am excited :) They are happy that I've scheduled their birthdays off for this year.

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead.     

No comments: