I'm back :)
It has been some time since I last did a post.
Things have been busy as usual, but even more so with my new calling.
So, here is a brief run down of the happenings here in our little corner of the world.
The trees out front look like they have pink popcorn all over them.
The kids have cabin fever and are ready for warmer weather to be here.
We have had a few days here and there with positively beautiful weather.
One of those days was last weekend.
The kids had been nit picking and arguing all morning, so I decided to fix the problem.
Hard labor outside which consisted of window washing.
They were not thrilled, but my windows looked the best they have since we moved into the house.
Some people did not want any photos with proof of this window washing experience.
Some actually had fun washing windows.
Aeva, that night at dinner, said it was actually kind of fun.
All in all it was a win, win......................I got my windows washed, and they learned an important lesson.
I came up with a new way to not refill the bathroom soap container every week.
The other day I thought to myself... "I can't believe I am needing to refill the container again." On the upside, at least I know everyone is washing their hands :)
Anyway, I usually buy refills at Costco when they have a coupon.
I decided, why wait to use it to refill the little containers and just put a pump in it.
I can't wait to see how long this lasts.
Since my last post, we also had St. Patrick's Day.
Normally this falls during the week, at which point the kids and I head over to O'Brady's for a free mint, vanilla, or mint/vanilla swirl soft serve.
This year was a special treat because it fell on a Saturday, and Chris got to take the kids (well three of them). I think they had the most fun with him because they all got to get their face painted, balloons, and a little something extra!
Elsa was ecstatic that she got to go. After almost five days of running a fever she felt well enough to get out of the house.
Miss Rhaevyn missed out on the free ice cream because she was cleaning up from her sleep over.
She got to do something really fun the night before St. Patrick's Day.
She had a sleep over in a barn.
This was part of camp pre-certification. All the young women got to sleep up in the hay loft and smell the wonderful aroma from the horses down below. She had the best time. I got to pet the miniature horses the following morning when I went to pick her up. She gets another barn sleep over the week of her birthday, and she can't wait!
I'll leave you with a bit of a song and dance from Miss Elsa.
This is what she goes around singing these days. It's titled................
"I love being a princess"
No comments:
Post a Comment