Let's see.........what have we been up to............
*school work
*watching lots of interesting documentaries (Teddy Roosevelt, 1918 Flu, Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony and the Crash of 1929)
*making goodies (Oreo truffles)
*a tour of Christmas lights
*replacing a garbage disposal
*Fencing
*music lessons
*a piano recital
*reading Little Women, Good Wives and Little Men
*work.............
Well, you get the picture.
Tuesday is Aeva's birthday, and I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since our little Aeva was born. Chris wanted to do something really special this year. He decided to get the piano tuned for her. We got the piano several years ago for free and have done nothing to it and really new nothing about it. We could tell it was really out of tune, and poor Aeva has been so good to limp along on it even though all of her songs truly did not sound right.We have now learned that it is from 1925 and was kept in decent shape, except for a few pieces here and there.
The piano was tuned on Thursday, and my best friend took Aeva for the day to do school with her kids and play so it would be a surprise. When she came home it took her a while to finally notice that the piano had a ribbon on it.
What a difference the tuning of a piano makes. She loves playing the piano even more now because the music actually sounds like it supposed to. I hope to have a video on here soon of the songs she played for her recital (Rainbow Connection, Oh Christmas Tree).
I love having music players in the house. I wish I had the musical talent of Rhaevyn and Aeva.
On December 11th Aeva had her piano recital, and today she played Away in the Manger in Primary at church.
Here are some pictures we took of the kids today before church.They are all getting so tall. I think they have all gone through a growth spurt in the last month.
They all wanted to be measured last night, so they lined up on the wall so I could mark their heights. Rhaevyn has about half an inch before she is as tall as me. Her goal is to be taller than me by her birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment